Jetta stalls out at stops

eurotuner
Item Posts    Sort Order

Jetta stalls out at stops

so_cali.kid83 so_cali.kid83
New User | Posts: 19 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 07/25/10
05:29 PM

I have a 1991 Jetta.  When I first got it, it was fine but after maybe 2 weeks it started stalling out everytime I would come to a stop.  Sometimes it wont stall but the RPMs jump as if I was reving the engine.   I was told there could be a crack in the airtube but I checked it and it seemed fine.  Checked the spark plugs, throttle body, fuel filter, air filter.  Any other ideas?????  

SoKYTDi SoKYTDi
User | Posts: 64 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 07/26/10
11:34 AM

What engine, transmission? Any trouble lights? Does it buck and jump when it stalls? Is it running hot? We need to get a little more information to guess an answer.  

so_cali.kid83 so_cali.kid83
New User | Posts: 19 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 08/01/10
06:24 PM

ok  its a 1.8 8-valve, 5 speed, no lights are on, but when it stalls out the battery light and oil light come on.  it doesnt buck or jump when it stalls it just shuts off and the lights come on, it doesn't run hot, I do know that the thermostat is always open.  If you need any more info let me know.  you can also call me if you want 267-815-3193   I know youre in KY and Im in PA but i figured I'd give u the number.     thanks

Mike  

mizz31 mizz31
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 08/12/10
08:58 PM

It might be a sensor on the throttle body, I had an issue that was kind of simular to this. I have a 2000 VW Jetta GLX and when I first got the car it had an issue with the revs flaring and dropping. I brought it to a shop and he found out it was a bad sensor on the throttle body and I had to replace it. Which wasnt a cheap fix. But if you look on line ebay and etc you might be able to find something.